Calculating Stripe fees for customer payments is easy with our calculator. Enter the payment amount to calculate Stripe's transaction fees and what you should charge to receive the full amount.
Calculate how much you’ll pay in Square fees for online, in-person, and manually-entered payments.
Enter your loan information to get an estimated breakdown of how much you'll pay over the lifetime of your loan.
PayPal fees can be confusing. Our calculator helps you understand how much you’ll pay in fees for common transaction methods.
n today's digital landscape, your website is the face of your business. Your website allows you to reach your customers whenever and wherever they're ready, working for you 24/7/365. Even if your business is primarily a local, service-based business, a good website is vitally important to your success.
Whether they're booking online or ordering products, your customers expect a frictionless, intuitive experience on your website. If you don't deliver it, they'll simply click away to someone who will.
In this article, we'll show you how to improve your website to create a strong web presence that will help you attract and retain customers.
Optimize your website for search engines
Although search engines closely guard the exact methods they use to determine rankings, there are some tried-and-true strategies for optimizing your website to rank higher in searches. Search engine optimization (SEO) is tremendously important since it can help generate traffic to your website for free.
Conduct keyword research
Identifying the keywords your audience is searching for will enable you to tailor content to it. You don't want to stuff your articles full of keywords, but carefully placing them in your content organically can raise your rankings. Tools like Google's Keyword Planner, Ahrefs, Semrush, and Moz can help you conduct keyword research.
Publish valuable, relevant content
Your content should be developed with your customers in mind and address their pain points. When people do an internet search, they're looking for answers. They have a problem and want you to help solve it.
Use meta tags
Meta tags are HTML tags that provide information about your website to search engines. Your website visitors won't see your meta tags, but search engine robots will. Using keywords in your meta tags can boost your website's rankings by helping search engines understand your content.
Include links and backlinks
When another website links to your content, that's a backlink. Search engines see backlinks from high-quality sites as a vote of confidence, which can help with your rankings. The best way to encourage other websites to link to your content is by providing valuable, expert content that solves a specific problem.
However, you can speed up the process by reaching out to relevant websites via email and asking for backlinks. Big websites get many of these requests, so you can stand out from the crowd with the following strategies:
- Guest blogging in your niche
- Writing engaging, helpful content to replace broken links on authoritative sites, then reaching out to let the website know
- Creating a digital PR kit to deliver to relevant websites
Improve website speed
Improve website navigation
After you put so much effort into creating a great website, you want your visitors to know what to do when they get there. Make sure your website is easy to navigate by using these strategies:
- Simplify menu navigation: Keep your menu options simple. Use fewer headings by grouping similar content. You want each section to be clear and obvious.
- Use a search bar: Include a prominent search bar so visitors can search for content if they can't immediately find it.
- Keep important information above the fold: "Above the fold" refers to the portion of a webpage that's immediately visible to the reader, while "below the fold" is the portion of the webpage readers have to scroll to get to. Make sure the most important information you want visitors to see is up front and obvious.
- Include well-written, clear headlines: Include keywords in your headline and make sure they reflect the content.
Enhance overall design and user experience
It's not enough for your website to provide valuable information. It should also reflect your brand and be easy to use. Improve your website's design by doing the following:
- Use a simple and modern design: If you aren't a designer but don't want to hire one, there are many website builders that provide customizable, well-designed templates. Wix is a great free option, and Squarespace offers beautifully designed templates for a fee.
- Use high-quality images and visual elements: Blurry pictures and clunky visual elements will make your website look amateurish. You can find free and low-cost options for professional-quality pictures, such as Unsplash, that will make your site look more professional.
- Consistent branding and use of color: Your website should be an extension of your brand. Use your logos, colors, and fonts throughout to create a cohesive brand experience.
- Mobile optimization: Since more people access the internet with mobile devices than with desktop computers, make sure your website is responsive and optimized for mobile access.
Add calls to action and conversion forms
Once you provide valuable content for your visitors, make sure they know what steps to take next. A call to action (CTA) will tell your customers how to contact you to take the next steps, whether it's scheduling a call or ordering a product.
Be deliberate with placement of CTAs
Place your first CTA above the fold where visitors can easily see it. Use contrasting colors and white space to make it stand out and attract attention. Place another at the end of your content so readers don't have to scroll back up.
Offer value propositions
Your value proposition is what sets you apart from your competition. Be clear and concise about what benefits you offer your customers and how you can solve their pain points.
Optimize conversion forms
Conversion forms help you capture leads and generate sales. Keep yours short and easy to use. Only ask for essential information, and provide clear error messages if something is missing.
Track website analytics and make data-driven decisions
Digital tools let you gather and compare data to help you make informed decisions about your website marketing efforts. Take advantage of these tools to improve your website's performance.
- Use Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a powerful tool that lets you set goals for website performance, track visitor behavior, analyze traffic sources, and monitor your website's speed.
- Analyze website data: Once you've collected data from Google Analytics, you can analyze it to identify patterns and gain insights into your audience and your site's performance. What kind of content is receiving the most attention, and what's getting ignored? What content is sending the most visitors to your product-ordering or contact webpage?
- Use data to make improvements: Use the insights from your analysis to define high-impact changes you can make. Test out your changes, refine your approach, and continuously monitor your progress.
A well-designed and user-friendly website will increase traffic, improve customer engagement, and drive more revenue for your business. By optimizing your website for SEO, providing high-quality content, and focusing on the user experience, you'll turn your website into a tool that never stops providing your business with value. Investing time and resources into improving your business website will help you stand out as an authority and attract more customers.
Novo Platform Inc. strives to provide accurate information but cannot guarantee that this content is correct, complete, or up-to-date. This page is for informational purposes only and is not financial or legal advice nor an endorsement of any third-party products or services. All products and services are presented without warranty. Novo Platform Inc. does not provide any financial or legal advice, and you should consult your own financial, legal, or tax advisors.
All-in-one money management
Take your business to new heights with faster cash flow and clear financial insights —all with a free Novo account. Apply in 10 minutes.